So I wrote this incredibly witty and funny post yesterday just to have my Internet freeze when I pushed the save button. Today's post may be slightly less witty due to my massive disappointment and my inexplicable need to protest the Internet. Anywho... here goes...
On Friday night we got to babysit my niece Marin who is super cute. She's two and likes me a lot which always feels good. When her Mom (Heidi) told her that she was going to Becca's house that was all she talked about until she got to our apartment. When she got there we played for a while and then went into what I call the final flame out. You know what I mean, the sudden burst of energy that seems to come out of nowhere. I decide to put on a movie so that she would fall asleep. She chose Sleeping Beauty. I didn't think that she had seen that particular Disney movie before, so I warned her that there was a scary dragon in it. She proceeded to tell me that "some dragons are nice, and some are scary." I told her that was true and put the movie in. She Would repeat the nice/scary dichotomy throughout the movie but switch dragons to whatever was on the screen i.e. Fairies, Birds, Babies, etc. The funniest was when Tyler asked me what Brier Rose was wearing and I said that it looked like a corset. In pipes Marin, "some corsets are nice" and leaves it at that. Tyler and I started laughing so hard. Good times.
My sister, Leah was able to go back on her mission after coming home super sick. Unfortunately, she wasn't able to return to Armenia but was reassigned to the Chicago North Mission. When she got there she was told that she would be learning Spanish. Woot for two new languages in one mission. She is doing well, she has only been there for 2 Weeks and she can already give the first discussion and pray in Spanish. Thanks goodness she has the gift of tongues, seriously, she speaks four foreign languages. They are French, Russian, Armenia, and now Spanish!! It seams to run in the family, my other sister speaks French, Czech, Latin (yes she can speak it), Spanish, and is now taking Mandarin. Of course, she is the genius of the family, so what did I expect. Seriously, she was a Hinkley Scholar and got a full ride to George Town for her Masters. Anyway, enough about my amazing family. Well actually, I got to give a shout out to my sister with a master's degree in History. There that's all.
1 comment:
Hey Becca! It's Shakirra. I saw your comment on Trine's blog. Isn't she adorable? I hope you're having a great week!
Post a Comment