Tuesday, June 2

The clumsiness factor

For those who haven't spent sufficient time around me, I am clumsy. Seriously, today at work I stumbled over a flat surface. I constantly misjudge distances and corners. I had a dent in my thigh for about 4 years from where I ran full speed into a piano bench that I knew was there. I took some of the varnish off I hit it so hard. I have multiple bruise whose origins I cannot explain. I am clumsy.

Tonight I was thinking about rearranging the furniture, and I discovered that most of my decisions are based on whether or not I think I will run into, trip over, or otherwise injure myself by moving said furniture to a specific position. I then realized that that is probably not the way most people decorate. I was frustrated with myself because of this and because I cannot seem to overcome my disability.




P.S. the furniture stayed where it was

1 comment:

Laura, Ella, and a Pair of Toms said...

If it makes you feel better, I try adn organize the furniture on the most efficient way to clean around/under them. Of course, I may not run into them...but I do try to arrange them so Ella doesn't run into them. She ran straight into an arm chair the other day and has a HUGE bruise! Time to rearrange...