So just in case I haven't said this in the past, I am loving my time in Germany. A lot of the food is really heavy, which I have never really been a fan of, so I eat a lot of fruit, cheese and bread. Pretty much everything they eat here is covered in gravy. It isn't bad, but it's pretty much meat and potatoes in various forms. Tyler is in heaven.
Last Thursday was a holiday in Germany so Tyler and I decided to hike to a castle that is in the area. It was seriously like a fairytale. The castle is pink, which doesn't show up very well in pictures, but trust me, it is.

We also saw a really cool church on our way there.

Another neat thing about Jena is that portions of the original city walls are still standing around the innenstadt. This is a picture of one of the corner towers that is still there.

We decided that we should go back to our apartment shortly after the hike because this particular holiday is considered a drinking holiday. Oh, and its supposed to be a celebration of Christ's ascension into heaven. People were seriously drunk by 2 o'clock.
Way to be, Germans, way to be.
3 comments:
Miss you tons but love the photos! Sounds like you are really enjoying your time there. Tell Tyler to enjoy the food while he can. I have a feeling you'll be putting him on a vegan diet once your back in CA. ;)
It looks SO fun! We are jealous!
So cool :) Again...soo jealous...you guys should see if you can take a bus or taxi to Hallstadt in Austria. It is the most beautiful town you'll ever see. I mean...the whole valley looks fake. It's amazing! Just a suggestion ;)
Post a Comment